- The virus only affects males and females – thus the other 67 nonexistent genders are safe.
- People whining about ‘Toxic Masculinity’ have shut up once those same men are delivering essential goods.
- Men aren’t important unless society is facing a threat. Then, suddenly, they are heroes.
- 100 years ago alcohol sales were prohibited, now they are considered ‘essential’.
- Bernie Sanders has no purpose in running for President anymore now that the unemployment rate has skyrocketed, stores are empty, and people are being jailed for simply being in public at the wrong time.
- The same people who said Trump was Hitler/Dictator/Tyranny incarnate are now saying that he should have a nationwide lockdown.
- Stimulus money is simply the return of income tax, which is theft.
- We now know how useless Hollywood celebrities are once the theaters are closed.
- More people are killed by abortion per day than the coronoavirus.
- Politicians fighting over how much of my own money I should receive, is proof that politicians can’t be trusted with money.
- There have been NO mass shootings with gun and ammo sales at historic highs.
- The only reason China has 0 new coronoavirus cases is because Communists don’t believe in human rights.
- Homeschooling, saving money, and having an adequate amount of food on hand are all good ideas.
- $1,200 in red states will get you a lot further than blue cities.
- It won’t be goverment that saves us, but American ingenuity and the benefits of capitalism.
Whew…. Snakes, Writing, Coronavirus, and More!
Snakes – Yesterday, my kids discovered a snake at our new house. I don’t know squat about snakes except that I strongly dislike them to the point of having the super heebie-geebies around ’em. So I did what anyone does when confronted with something so vile, evil, and slithery… I chopped it’s head off with a hoe.
My daughter on the other hand, is totally fearless. And she was insistent that it was not dead until the body stopped twitching when poked with a stick…
Yeah, she’s far braver than her dad.
Coronoavirus – Not much to say even though it’s the topic of the year. Stay safe, wash your filthy hands often, and know that God is in control of all of this. (And gun sales were up 85% in March!)
Writing – Semi-final draft is completed.
I have an odd method of writing, I’ll start from the beginning, write until I get bogged down or stuck, then go back to the beginning and re-write/polish. This gives my brain time to percolate how the book will continue and then when I get back to where I quit – I write on. This leads my writing to have a more polished beginning and rougher ending. Maybe it’s weird, I haven’t heard of anyone else doing it – but it certainly works for me.
But, I just completed the FGB (Final Great Battle) and the end scenes. So back to the beginning to polish more.
And the word count came in at a touch over 88,000. Which is far short of the original 118,000 of West of Prehistoric. But I tend to go light on details as I write, so I’ll add a few thousand more words in filling out descriptions and such, and I suspect the FGB will require another couple thousand words… so I’ll get to my goal of 100k soon enough.
Then it will be time to send out to anyone and everyone who is willing to give it a read for feedback.
Personally, I like it.
It covers a lot of ground, adds some new characters, kills some old characters, the love story grows, and there’s lots of awesome dinosaur/ape violence and gun play. All while keeping it’s original concept of being a science-fiction adventure prehistoric western.
Old House – We sold our old house Tuesday. Thank heavens. Two mortgages is the suck. But being able to move at our leisure was pretty nice. It was a great starter home, even though we out grew it within 9 months of moving in by getting an English Mastiff and Pregnant almost immediately! But I’ll have fond memories of it just the same and I hope the new owners make plenty more.
Blogging – When I started this blog, so long ago, the intent was to talk conservative politics. But honestly, since Trump has been elected, I’ve grown weary of arguing about politics for the most part. I guess it’s like he said about us getting tired of winning. 🙂 OR the left’s incessant whining…. Anyways, blog content has gone down but this place will stay up forever. Because I intend on becoming an award winning writer one day and making lots of monies and entertaining you folks for hours upon hours with my ability to weave words into stories. In the meantime, I need a platform. So here we are.
Wrapping up – The writing continues. Stay safe out there. And God Bless the USA.
I’d like to say one quick political thing. If you haven’t heard, the founder of MyPillow(Mike Lindell) gave a quick statement with Trump during a presser on the Coronavirus.
“We’ve dedicated 75% of MyPillow manufacturing to produce cotton face masks. It was up to 10,000 a day. By Friday, I want to be up to 50,000 a day…. Now I wrote something off the cuff if I can read this. God gave us grace on November 8th, 2016 to change the course we were on. God had been taken out of our schools and lives and a nation has turned it’s back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back into the Word. Read our bibles and spend time with our families. Our President gave us so much hope where just a few short months ago we had the best economy, the lowest unemployment, and wages going up. It was amazing. With our great President, Vice President, and this administration, and the great people of this country praying daily, we will get through this and get back to a place that is safer than ever.”
That is awesome.
And to all those people who are whining about Lindell mentioning reading the bible, praying daily, and spending time with our family – I wish you’d enjoy your ramen noodles, mounds of toilet paper, and involuntary isolation away from social media. Bernie will be along to save you later. /sarcasm.
If he’d stepped onto stage with Obama and shouted, “We’re going to convert our manufacturing building into a Planned Parenthood clinic, where we can process 1,000 abortions a day!”
You’d all be calling him stunning and brave and clamoring for him to get a medal.
Okay. Rant over.
Everyone, enjoy your weekend – Praise Jesus and Pew Pew.